NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS:
Please fill out the application and drop off at the Sumner Public Library or email to email@example.com.
Help Wanted: Housekeeping- 5 hrs. per week.
This position must provide clean, sanitary, and comfortable surroundings for patrons and employees.
Application open until position filled. E.O.E.
SUMNER PUBLIC LIBRARY
Reports to: Library Director
Position Summary: At will position hired by Library Director. The job of housekeeping is to provide orderly, clean and sanitary conditions of the Library.
Starting Wage: $9.00 per hour
Overview: This position must provide clean, sanitary comfortable, orderly and satisfying surroundings for patrons and employees. The job of housekeeping will promote safe, sanitary and clean conditions.
This position demands good physical health. The housekeeper will be required to:
• Lift, carry, walk, sit, push and/or pull.
• Have a flexible schedule
• Must be able to move continuously during work hours
• Must be able to lift and/or carry 30 pounds.
• Must follow all OSHA regulations and safety standards.
• Must handle various cleaning solvents, chemicals, etc.
• Report any needed repairs immediately to library director (such as leaky faucets or toilets, loose tile, broken window panes, missing nuts or screws, anything needing repair.).
• Clean rooms, entryway, restroom, corridors, and other work areas –dusting, vacuuming, mopping, to ensure the cleanliness and safety of the library.
• Empty wastebaskets daily and weekly take garbage can to curb for pickup.
• Clean wash basins, mirrors and toilets.
• Sweep and mop floors, using brooms and/or wet/dry mops.
• Dust library furnishings and equipment as needed. Using furniture polish on wood surfaces and disinfectant on hard surfaces.
• Clean rugs, carpets, and furniture, using vacuum cleaners.
• Keep storage area clean and tidy.
• Clean inside windows, walls, and woodwork, as needed.
• Inform the Library Director of cleaning supplies that need to be purchased when low.
Work schedule for housekeeping staff will be flexible with an open line of communication between; library director and employee.